Brooklyn is becoming quite the little helper these days as you have seen in previous posts! Andy bought her a little shovel or as Brooklyn says "shobel" and some gloves to help with the backyard. We have got quite the project on our hands, and are excited to get going on it this spring. We laid our leftover sod from the front yard in the back last summer, and it didn't last so we are tearing it out and laying a bigger patio. Here is what it looked like last summer.
Now it is just weed central, and dead grass. We have been working on getting it cleaned up to start with the patio.
I remember when i put our yard in, and I didn't want to rent tools to level the ground, so I built my own drag from 2x4's and metal screen and then for wright, i threw my kids on the drag and gave them rides, while I leveled out the ground. Those are the good old days. Good job teaching Brooklyn handy work ethics. Love the pictures.
Hey Brookie, you can go to work for me any time you want since you are such a big helper! :) Dad, that really does sound like the good ol' days! Brookie is pretty handy, she even does laundry!
Dad, I have a picture of you pulling me around on that handmade dragger thing! I remember that! You have always been a macgyver! Brookie is learning so well, she should have some flowers planted so she can water them!
5 comments:
Bode has a little lawn mower and shovel stuff too that he just loves. We have a great time working in the yard together. So cute!
I remember when i put our yard in, and I didn't want to rent tools to level the ground, so I built my own drag from 2x4's and metal screen and then for wright, i threw my kids on the drag and gave them rides, while I leveled out the ground. Those are the good old days. Good job teaching Brooklyn handy work ethics. Love the pictures.
Hey Brookie, you can go to work for me any time you want since you are such a big helper! :)
Dad, that really does sound like the good ol' days! Brookie is pretty handy, she even does laundry!
Dad,
I have a picture of you pulling me around on that handmade dragger thing! I remember that! You have always been a macgyver! Brookie is learning so well, she should have some flowers planted so she can water them!
She sure is a toughie! I'm surprised at half the stuff she can do.
Go Brookie and Andy!
Woohoo!
Post a Comment